Air travel is not fun anymore. It is filled with tensions and hassles. Airports are crowded and the biggest problem that faces travelers is parking at airports. The World Wide Web has eased airport parking to some extent by bring to travelers the facility of booking airport parking online at rates that are competitive. The internet also provides in depth information on how to secure airport parking, what are the options available for air travelers and all about off-site parking facilities.
There are umpteen ways to ease parking problems at airports and some of the many popular online websites are
http://www.airportdiscountparking.com/ and http://www.longtermparking.com/ . The online airport parking websites often offer great deals on parking rates as well as discount coupons from their affiliate parking lots across the US.
If you are planning a long trip here are a few tips:
1. The minute your trip dates are final log on to the internet and book your airport parking slot.
2. Look up the airport site map and familiarize yourself on where the long term parking slots are located. Try
and choose one that is closest to the terminal.
3. Many long stay airport parking facilities offer travelers a free ride to the terminal and a pick up.
4. Always check what the long term parking rates are online and offline. Use any discount coupons you may have
gathered for parking on previous trips.
5. When parking the car especially in wet weather and winter, choose a spot that will minimize exposure to the
elements. If possible opt for closed parking space.
6. Always check for offers like free car wash, no charge on certain days, or offers to service the car while you are away. Most long stay parking lots display their offers on websites. Make the best of it by being an informed traveler.
7. Plan for the trip well in advance and take along the airport parking booking. Always allow around forty-five minutes extra time to park the car secures it, and make your way to the terminal. Last minute rush can be disastrous.
8. If there is a courtesy coach or drop to the air terminal use it. This will help as you will not have to carry your luggage and walk.
9. Some parking lots have a “meet and greet” program where they will pick up your car from the terminal and
park it for you. When you return your car will also be waiting for you ready for you to drive away. Find out
whether the long stay parking company or lot is offering this service and whether it is paid or free.
10. Check what the rates are for off-site and on site long stay parking lots and make a comparison before making a booking. Any parking for over six hours is considered long stay.
The internet is a fountain of information for airport parking and there are websites that offer many on-site as well as offsite airport parking bookings. Most airport websites have maps on the air terminals and parking lots so that travelers can locate the parking lot without going round in circles. Travelers can book the airport parking well in advance and travel without running helter skelter looking for parking at the airport.
Timothy Rudon is a writer for Airport parking, the premier website to find Airport parking, cheap airport parking, airportparking, air port parking, airport shuttle, parking at airport, airport parking service, Airport Car Parking Providers and many more.